Here, there are three versions, Oculus Quest 2 version, SteamVR version (Oculus Rift, FOVE 0), which supports VR video and comic book display named Channel Player, and Desktop version (VR video support only, not upgraded). We will guide you through the software.
- Channel Player Ver.1.31 Quest 2 (Release 2022-10-12)
- readme.txt and Windows 10 IIS WebDAV Settings.
- help document (SciFi room, Play scene, Folder Setting)
- other site page: SideQuest
- download Sample version (Video playback is 60 seconds. There is no limit to still images.)
- get Retail version Price $4.99 from Oculus AppLab.
Channel Player Quest 2 version is based on SteamVR version and ported for Oculus Quest 2.
You can access the Quest2 internal storage and WebDAV (only Windows 10 IIS has been confirmed to work). In particular, in order to improve operability, the operation using a laser pointer is intentionally eliminated. As a result, you don’t have to raise your arms or bend your wrists to operate the Touch while lying down.
From Ver 1.19 version, still images and comic books (zip, cbz) can be displayed.
- Channel Player ver.1.31 SteamVR(Oculus Rift, FOVE 0) (Release 2022-10-12)
- help document (SciFi Theater Room, During playback, Folder Setting)
- other site page: Steam, Vector(Japanese Only)
- download sample version (Video playback is 60 seconds. There is no limit to still images.)
- get retail version $4.99. use Paypal or credit card
The Channel Player for SteamVR.
FEATURES: Play multiple VR movie titles saved on your PC as if they were a single movie file. A keyboard or XBox game controller, Oculus Touch is available. It has a supine mode, category function, history function, favorite function, search function, and viewpoint movement function. When operating for Rift, it is recommended to use OpenComposite. From Ver 1.19 version, still images and comic books (zip, cbz) can be displayed.
The sample version has the limitation that the video can only be played for 60 seconds. The retail version does not have that limitation.
The feature is that thumbnail still images are displayed large on the entire screen, and multiple VR video files in the folder can be played continuously. In addition, it has a back-up mode, category function, history function, favorite function, search function, and viewpoint movement function. A keyboard or Xbox game controller, Oculus Touch is available. Please try.
Channel Player Quest 2 version, SteamVR version Ver1.31, 1.30 revision history
- bug fixes
Fixed an issue where the screen would go black when starting still image playback. This is a bug that occurred when version 1.30 supported 3D still images, and there is no problem with zip files.
- Function addition
- Support for 3D still image (180/LR, FishEye180/LR) drawing
- Added a function to reset the video/still image format to 2D/mono on the left side of the radial menu during playback to reset to 180/LR if the current setting is 2D/mono.
- Specification change
- The volume used to change according to the distance from the screen when the direction or position of the camera was changed.
- Play, pause and stop icons now disappear after a few seconds instead of staying on.
- Fixed an issue where an error may be displayed while loading if neither videos nor still images are found when setting folders.
- Quest version
- Faster linear conversion from still image gamma
- Android Target SDK 27 to 29.
- bug fixes
- Improved the response of playback start operation from the theater screen.
- In the case of English display, changed from Application Exit to Quit notation in the setting dialog.
- When capturing, it was firing continuously according to the time the trigger was pulled, so it has been adjusted so that it only fires once.
- Fixed a bug where the file would not play correctly if a trigger was used to start file playback from the Properties dialog on the Theater screen.
- Fixed a bug where the left trigger from the property screen during playback would go back 10 seconds.
- In the Quest version, the B button was Enter in the property dialog when playing, so change it to the A button.
- Channel Player for Desktop Ver.1.06 (Release 2019-03-24)
- for Desktop PC (VR device is not required. It is displayed on the multi display instead of the VR device).
- view readme.txt
- download promotion version
- get retail version $5. use Paypal or credit card.
The Channel Player for Desktop is a derivative version from the channel player. Use the keyboard or XBox Game Controller and multi displays.
Added screen capture and thumbnail image creation function.
1st Release. Dedicated from Channel Plyaer of Rift and FOVE version, desktop version only displayable even without HMD.